29 September 2010

Fifteen Albums

I thought I'd play along with this meme. It is totally non-optimal; it's missing The Cinematic Orchestra for a start. I also think there are too many entries from too recently; ten of the albums were released in the last ten years. But I tried to ensure it covers the range of soulful/rhythmic/electronicky sounds that I love.

THE RULES: Don't take too long to think about it. Fifteen albums you've heard that will always stick with you. List the first fifteen you can recall in no more than fifteen minutes.

UPDATE 30/09/10: Yestereday I posted a link to a YouTube clip featuring one of the best tracks from each album on Twitter. I've now embedded each of these clips below the name of the album for your delectation.

The Avalanches - Since I Left You


Mr Scruff - Keep It Unreal


Quantic - Apricot Morning


Q-Tip - The Renaissance


James Brown - In The Jungle Groove


The Haggis Horns - Hot Damn!


Fat Freddy's Drop - Based On A True Story


Bonobo - Days To Come


Silkie - City Limits Vol 1


Guido - Anidea


London Elektricity - Power Ballads


Alix Perez - 1984


Orbital - Orbital 2


Daft Punk - Alive 2007


Hybrid - Wide Angle

1 comment:

CjEggett said...

I forgot about the Avalanches! Must go hunt that album down, it has been too long!

Mine: http://cjeggett.co.uk/post/1210232069/15-albums-ive-played-to-death